(Editors note: This is a re-post from September 1st, 2010 — I’ve updated a few images I thought were lacking, you know, the way George Lucas updated Star Wars)
Are all you young witches and wizards ready for another year full of enchantment at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Make sure you picked up all your books from Flourish & Blotts, and don’t forget to take the Pictogram Challenge (Part II)!
I think you’re ready now for some first year level pictograms (2 or 3 images)
These should be easier than taking Neville’s lunch sickles. Go!
Blimey, those O.W.L.s might have gotten a wee bit tough there at the end. And it doesn’t get any easier with the N.E.W.T.s (4-6 images)! Watch out for images that start with voiceless consonants like “y” or “h”, which may be intended as silent letters!
Okay! That’s all for this round of Harry Potter and the Pictogram Challenge Part II! Hope it was fun and that you got at least a few of them. Answers are below.
Do not click on “Read the rest of this entry” if you do not want to know the answers!
1. Mug + Gull = Muggle
2. Bur + Row = Burrow
3. Olive + Van + Door = Ollivander
4. Crab + Bang + Oil = Crabbe & Goyle
5. Tray + Comb + Alf + Ahoy = Draco Malfoy
6. Doe + Lara + Sum + Bridge = Dolores Umbridge
7. Sum + Money + Inch + Arm = Summoning Charm
8. Hun + Gary + Yen + Hoe + Urn + Tail = Hungarian Horntail
9. Sip + Bull + Tree + Lawn + Knee = Sybill Trelawney
10. Lou + Nala + Bug + Hood = Luna Lovegood